October 26, 2011

Every Rose Has Its Thorn 1

It all began about two years ago. At the time, I was young and full of energy. For me the world was still largely unknown and I was eager to explore it. I had graduated from college the previous year and immediately had been hired by a large and well-known business firm.

My first year at work was complete and I had the right to take a well-deserved vacation. I had gotten great reviews and a promotion seemed to be a sure thing. I took leave from work to go on vacation to the Caribbean for two full weeks. I made the necessary preparations and the following week boarded the plane, that would take me to the bright and sunny beaches.

After a couple of hours, I finally arrived. I got out of the plane and collected my luggage. Outside the airport, I waited patiently for a taxi to bring me to the hotel. I was relaxed and in a good mood. The weather was absolutely gorgeous. There wasn't a single cloud to be seen in the blue skies with just a slight breeze. I had the feeling that this vacation would not be like any other vacation. This was going to be something I would never forget. Then, it happened.

I was looking around me to spot an available cabby, when all of a sudden, my breath stopped. That's when I saw him. He was unlike anyone I had ever seen before. He was so incredible. Sure, he was tall, dark and handsome, but it wasn’t just that. There was something so special about him. For a moment, I could have sworn that my heart had skipped a beat.

He must have felt that someone was watching him, because he turned his face to look in my direction. I hastily turned my head. I didn’t want him to know that I was staring at him. Fortunately, a taxi had just stopped in front of me. I quickly got into the cab, before he had the chance to see me.

That night I stayed in a hotel-room that I had rented for the next two weeks. The room was nice and cozy and satisfied my needs. As I lay in bed, I thought of the stranger at the airport. I still could not believe that a man could be so handsome. I have to admit that he was, and to be honest still is, the most handsomest man I had ever seen in my whole life.

“God, I would love to have known such a hunk better,” I thought. “That’s for sure!” But to my disappointment, that was not going to happen. He was gone and I would never see him again.

The following day, I decided to go downtown to the local shopping district to do some good old shopping. There is nothing that gives me more pleasure than spending money, after I had worked so hard the whole year.

I came across this fancy store, that specialized in selling women’s apparel. After browsing through some of the clothes that were on sale, I was in total awe. But I’m not sure whether it was because of the fashionable designs or at the price tags that were just ridiculous! “Hello?” I thought to myself, “What are these people thinking!”

Realizing that my visit to this particular store would not extend beyond merely looking, I glanced to look through the store windows. I was staring at the crowd outside, when seemingly out of nowhere, it happened again. There he was again. The mysterious man, whom I had first seen at the airport and that had made such a deep impression on me.

Now that he was slowly walking past the store, I got a chance to take a better look at him. For the second time, I stood absolutely amazed at how gorgeous he was. After he had passed by, which had been way too quick, I rushed to the entrance to have a last look. Alas, he was nowhere to be seen among the masses. He had vanished into thin air.

That night I dreamt of the mysterious stranger. It was unbelievable how someone, whose name I didn’t even know, could have such an impact on my inner thoughts. I just could not stop thinking of him.

It was a strange dream, which I did not understand. I was standing there in an open plain and wherever I looked I could see him. I tried to get a hold of him, but in vain. Whenever I got close enough, he would disappear.


I got up the next day, brushed my teeth and took a refreshing bath. I took the elevator and was just about to step out of it, when somebody, who obviously was in a real hurry, bumped into me. He had run so fast, that the force of the collision knocked me down on the floor.

“I’m so sorry,” I heard someone say to me. “Are you all-right? I hope you didn’t knock yourself too hard on the ground.”

“I’m not hurt,” I responded, while holding the back of my head with my hand. “But why did you have to run so fast?” I looked up to see who had run into me like a train. Like lightning, I realized it. It was him! The man I had been dreaming about!

“I could probably tell you why,” he said to me, “but will it really make you feel better?”

“I guess not,” I answered. I turned my face away from him, so that he couldn’t look me in the eyes. I didn’t want him to notice how excited I was.

“I think I know how to make it up to you,” he said. “I’ll treat you to the best dinner one can find on this island. Agreed?”

“That’s fair,” I said as calmly as possible. “But no hanky panky, understood?” “Don't worry,” he said, “I'm a professional. That I am.”

I was still in shock to meet the man who had captured my mind so much in the last few days the way he had. He had no idea what went through me at that moment. The adrenaline rushed through my body, because his proposal was exactly what I had wanted. I was overjoyed at such a luck turn of events. I now had the opportunity to get to know him better!

--o--

 Click on Part 2 for what happens next in this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment